Thread: The River Otter

Default The River Otter

In my family otters are a favourite animal, so I’ve made one from acrylic sheet to hang on a bag, or backpack. It’s a little bigger than usual, to allow for more detail in the face, but inevitably , given the material used, it has ended up a bit Disney-like.

The eyes are Swarovski chatons, and the whiskers are made from foxtail. There are two chains to keep it horizontal.
    Size of otter: 9x5 cm. Dennis
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails O1 River Otter.jpg   O3 Reverse.jpg  

Well done I think everyone likes Otters the Japanese keep them as pets from what I have seen on you tube I don't if they need some type of permit.

What a lovely otter! We're also huge fans - though I can't imagine having a real one as a pet.

I think this one needs a name though!

Fab acrylic work as always Dennis - you really have mastered the medium.

Yes, quite something. Near me there used to be a pub with a large water tank outside in the garden. A piece of chain led from a post into the water. Notice said...don’t tease the water otter.......yes, on the other end was an old kettle!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He’s wonderful Dennis. We have them in the burn in the village. We’ve kept a bit quiet about them over the years in case anyone wanted to harm them. I’ve watched 3 cubs playing in the small hours when out with the dog and it was magical. They squeal like children and get so excited

Thank you all for looking and for your stories.
    I think if you had him as a pet, he would be begging for bits of sushi at lunch times.
    George, I think the acrylic has mastered me, because at the end I'm covered in grindings like snow. I hope none of it finds its way to the sea. Dennis.