Thread: Tennis bracelets

Cool Tennis bracelets

hi do you know how to attach the basket settings for tennis chains, not a single vid on youtube for it and cant seem to ring anything on google its like its a top secret lol,thanks.

For double gallery settings, a loop from one lower gallery to the next.

https://www.google.com/search?client...a+tennis+chain. From what you say, you've already looked through here? Dennis.

i just cant get my head around how do the loops attach together and hold the settings together

The tube set chain has the wires converted into D shaped jump rings, but the making requires super skill and patience.
    The four prong setting is possible if you get multiple units cast, with one jump ring on each. then you just cut the jump rings to open and connect, and re-solder them. Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tube set chain.JPG   4 prong setting.JPG  

I took some grab shots of the one I worked on last week - they aren't pretty, they're just there for my notes.

The clasp with the frozen pin in the hinge:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210211_110244143.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	12886

Where the pin broke away from:

Name:	PXL_20210211_110254370.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	12887

Finished (well, welded - needed more finishing, but I fobbed that off onto the client...):

Name:	PXL_20210211_122729478.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	12888

thanks peter it looks like there attached from bottom is that right?, i've noticed on 4 prong setting there's a little prong attached in between each gallery for the little jump rings to attach the settings together on most ones, also the tube setting im familiar with just always wondered how to attach basket settings properly most tutorial videos dont seem to show u its like its a secret skill no one wants people to know lol

Quote Originally Posted by billyc View Post
    thanks peter it looks like there attached from bottom is that right?, i've noticed on 4 prong setting there's a little prong attached in between each gallery for the little jump rings to attach the settings together on most ones, also the tube setting im familiar with just always wondered how to attach basket settings properly most tutorial videos dont seem to show u its like its a secret skill no one wants people to know lol
    My second picture shows four prong basket settings connected by jump rings. Is that not what you are after then? Dennis.

There's a fair few ways of achieving the same effect. The bracelet I repaired has one end of the loop between the lower galleries fixed, the other moving (except that the other end in this case stopped moving, which is why it broke away).