Thread: Making ends meet

Default Making ends meet

What is the easiest way to get ring and bangle ends to meet with no gaps ready for soldering . It seems to take me an age to get it right.
    Last edited by Edelle; 21-02-2021 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Missed a letter out

Close them up as close as possible, run a fine sawblade through. Close it up and see if it's adequate; if not, run the saw through again.

Have a look at Andrew Berry on rings https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaU5acww9gc. Bangles are just a bigger version of that. Dennis.

Thanku for your reply. I do use a saw blade to cut through and I have previously watched Andrew Berry's technique which I like but I think I need to practice sawing in a straight line as I seem to veer off a bit. Probably just practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Edelle View Post
    Thanku for your reply. I do use a saw blade to cut through and I have previously watched Andrew Berry's technique which I like but I think I need to practice sawing in a straight line as I seem to veer off a bit. Probably just practice.
    If you hold the ends tightly together while sawing, you can saw at a bit of an angle, and the ends will still match. Dennis

Default Making ends meet

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    If you hold the ends tightly together while sawing, you can saw at a bit of an angle, and the ends will still match. Dennis
    Thanku Dennis will try that.