Thread: Favourite flush cutters?

Default Favourite flush cutters?

I'm new here, and wondering if people could share recommendations on their "best" flush cutters? I have a Xuron double flush cutter, and although I'm starting to get the hang of it, it's still hit and miss. So I've been thinking it might be better to get some good single flush cutters, given that I'm also working on my soldering skills, so really need good, straight cuts. Am prepared to invest, but just want to know what you'd recommend I invest in!

Tronex razors. Not cheap, but that's for a reason. Watch out for sizes, as many are not rated above 16ga and will be damaged easily. There's an oval headed version that's good up to 14ga (about 1.6mm) which are particularly good. I never thought I'd like a brand more than my swanstroms, but these are IMO significantly better.

However, if it's for preparing straight ends for soldering, there will still be a tiny 'pinch' mark. A better investment would be a mitre jig so you can saw more accurately, and file ends perfectly straight without having to keep trying to line things up.

I have Swedish made Lindstrom 8160 not technically flush cutters but near enough I have been using them for 10 years, I have only replaced one spring in that time.

As George has said, for small jump rings, there is nothing as good as a fine saw blade, 4/0, or less. Large thin jump rings are rather flimsy to cut with a saw. My Tronex are brilliant for this, but they only cut flush on one side, so they have to be reversed to nip a tiny bit from the other side too. https://www.cooksongold.com/Jeweller...rcode-997-3026. Dennis.

Thank you so much for the recommendations - really appreciate it!