Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disc cutters

I have both the Swanstrom and the Pepe, and other than for very large sizes, the Pepe is my go-to tool. Better range of sizes, I find the clamping mechanism easier and less sticky, and I like the fact that it's hollow, allowing the cut discs to fall away from the hole - which means I can cut multiples without damaging the ones I've already cut.

Helpfully, Suttons (now part of Betts) sell the individual replacement punches for when you manage to kill one!

Have fun with it Madryn - it's a fab tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Madryn View Post
    Thank you both for your information, I will look at the sharpening methods but whilst I am a junior member on this site I am very much a senior member everywhere else!! I had bought a cutter from Cousins but it was very different from the photo so I returned it. I will definitely look at the models you suggested. I am willing to pay that sort of price but can’t justify lots more as i’m just a hobby jeweller. Many thanks.
    Why not buy the discs ready cut? Cooksons have a good range as well as Bellore Rashbel. It may be more cost effective for you that way.

Different thicknesses, different diameters.....I would be bound not to have the ready cut disc when I wanted it.......then to wait a minimum of 2 days before you can get what you want. David

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did it a couple of times before I bought one and it was really expensive if you were to do it on a regular basis. I think the size I needed worked out about £1 each

If you have a disc cutter it also allows you to cut discs from your recycled scrap.

Yes that’s what I do with scrap. Cut as many out as possible, texture some , drill a 1.5mm hole towards the edge, dome them and mount them onto a chain as a necklace. I call it a necklace of silver confetti . Rather popular.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's good fun David.