Thread: Reusable moulding compound

Default Reusable moulding compound

I recently bought a metal clay starter kit and it has 2 blocks of Reusable moulding compound how do I use this do I need to heat it up and then use it as a mould if so how hot do I need to heat it up. Are there any videos or tutorials on how to use it? Thanks.

What moulding compound? If it's Oyumaru, then try this: https://www.google.com/webhp?q=Oyumaru+instructions

Quote Originally Posted by Colart View Post
    I recently bought a metal clay starter kit and it has 2 blocks of Reusable moulding compound how do I use this do I need to heat it up and then use it as a mould if so how hot do I need to heat it up. Are there any videos or tutorials on how to use it? Thanks.
    I think you’ll find that it is the mould that is re-usable not the compound. You knead them together thoroughly till all one colour then press the object you wish to reproduce into it and leave it to set. It should be flexible and the object can be removed. Now you have a re-useable mould which you fill with metal clay. I have used siliput.
    Hope that makes sense.
    Last edited by ps_bond; 21-01-2021 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Close braces

There are some reusable moulding compounds available, but it's difficult to assist without knowing which one.
    I've used a PVC-based one in the past which was not the nicest to work with.

yes I think that is the product thanks just not given any info about it in the package.

just contact your supplier maybe?
    Poor old Les