Thread: Tibetan silver.

Default Tibetan silver.

What is this? I tried to alter one piece and it just collapsed to a few bits of silvery blobs and the rest burnt!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its usually has nickel. copper, zinc ,lead and anything else they can find to put in it that is not silver or precious lol.
    Last edited by josef1; 16-01-2021 at 06:02 PM.

So it is cr@0! Wont buy any of that again! Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Always worth googling these things!
    ‘Tibetan Silver is a silver-colored alloy consisting of copper with tin or nickel. Some items described as Tibetan Silver are cast iron that has been plated with the silver-colored metal. Most Tibetan Silver is copper with tin rather than copper with nickel because nickel causes skin reactions in many people.’

Ah..sounds like it is 'Tahitian black' - cheap freshwater pearls dyed with 'Tahitian black' dye to make them look like Tahitian (black) pearls.

Note that Bali silver is sterling silver processed on the paradise Indonesian island of Bali, where there is a long tradition of silver working
    And Thai silver (also long history of fabulous work) has more silver than sterling. There's a huge Pandora factory there on a huge industrial estate which is all jewellery stuff. One of my wholesalers is just around the corner from the Pandora.
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by pearlescence View Post
    Ah..sounds like it is 'Tahitian black' - cheap freshwater pearls dyed with 'Tahitian black' dye to make them look like Tahitian (black) pearls.

Note that Bali silver is sterling silver processed on the paradise Indonesian island of Bali, where there is a long tradition of silver working
    And Thai silver (also long history of fabulous work) has more silver than sterling. There's a huge Pandora factory there on a huge industrial estate which is all jewellery stuff. One of my wholesalers is just around the corner from the Pandora.
    Did I miss something in the original question?

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    Did I miss something in the original question?
    Only about three thousand odd miles, I suppose?