Thread: decorating a bezel

Default decorating a bezel

I want to get some separate different size silver
    balls for decorating a bezel as I'm just starting out and have done plain stuff but want to make it prettier this time. I tacked a beaded silver wire ring to a plain wire ring shank with success but want to add individual tiny beads to a pendant bezel, what are they called and can I get an assorted size bag of them? Tia.

Granules, perhaps? I usually make my own (clipped bits of wire + charcoal soldering block). I suppose you could use casting grain if the uneven look was what you were after.

If you want round ones then you’ll have to make them. Granules or granulation. There should be plenty videos that show you what to do,different sizes of snipped wire will make different sizes of ball.

Also look at millgrain tools

A simple way to make them of consistent size is to make small dips in a charcoal block as mentioned in the first reply by Peter Bond, using ball burs, and melting open jump rings in them. Dennis.

If you use Argentium or Fine Silver, you will get nice smooth ones. But snipping off regular size pieces makes them more even. I've even weighed out scrap and melted that into small balls.