Thread: The shape of Signet rings

Default The shape of Signet rings

Since playing with wax tubes, I now have a question. Are there any guidelines for statement rings/ signet style rings as to where the curve outward of the shank should start and how wide can it be before it's uncomfortable to wear. I have a round wax tube with an off centre hole. It's nice to follow the shape of the original round outline but maybe it is not a good idea to do so.
    Last edited by Sheen; 07-01-2021 at 01:13 PM.

Well, one thing is certain Sheena: You'll end up with masses of debris from the wax. The rings will vary in bulk, according to the size of the finger, and men's are traditionally heavier than women's.
    Have a look at this selection on Pinterest and you will see that the proportions remain roughly constant: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/cdinges2585/signet-ring/ Dennis

I'm finding my little hand vacuum is coming in very useful will check out the link. because the tubes start off thick there's a tendency for them to remain that way, i suspect that getting them down thinner than you think is the key to making a quality wax carved thingamibob.