Thread: HS Codes Anyone ? Customs forms.

Default HS Codes Anyone ? Customs forms.

I've checked the online offerings and I am more confused than ever. Does anyone know the HS codes for the following-
    Solid silver ring
    Solid silver pendant
    Solid silver ring set with a, for example, garnet
    La Poste has now decided that all customs forms must be filled in on line with the HS number.

If anyone knows the above it would be so helpful.

Thanks everyone :-)

This will be new to most members, but if you start here, you should be able to untangle it.
    https://www.foreign-trade.com/reference/hscode.htm.
    I put jewellery and gemstones into the search box and decided on No 71 Dennis.
    Last edited by Dennis; 06-01-2021 at 08:34 PM.

Thanks very much Dennis.

I'm most probably being a bit dippy but I didn't understand the difference between these - which one for, for example, a silver ring - 7113 ?

7113 Jewellery articles and parts thereof, of precious metal or of metal clad with precious metal
    7114 Articles of goldsmiths' or silversmiths' wares and parts thereof, of precious metal or of metal clad with precious metal
    7115 Articles of precious metal or of metal clad with precious metal

And would this be the one for a ring set with a garnet ?
    7116 Articles of natural or cultured pearls, precious or semi-precious stones (natural, synthetic or reconstructed)

Many of us including myself don't do this for a living, and those who do have not answered, possibly because they don't sell abroad.
    Your best move is not to go it alone, but to join a professional association, such as https://www.acj.org.uk/.
    They will hopefully be able to advise you further(but enquire first). Other benefits are advice on insurance and discounts from the main suppliers. Dennis.