Thread: 833 rose gold alloy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 833 rose gold alloy

Hello all.

Happy New Year.
    I am trying to make 20ct 833 rose gold alloy, mixing 83.3% Pure Gold and 16.67% of Silver+copper.
    I just wanna do little tint of pinky yellow gold.
    Can you recommend me a good composition of Silver and Copper?
    Is there anything I have to aware of?

Also other question about 18ct gold,
    Some people do '75%gold + 12.5 silver +12.5 Copper' or '75%Gold+ 15%copper +10%silver'.
    Would you be able to tell me which composition will be easier to work on it?
    75%gold + 12.5 silver +12.5 Copper alloy will make less crack?

Many Thanks
    Gina

Copper that makes the red is not as nice to work with it is more tricky to cast and work with than yellow or white in my experience. so I guess the redder your make it by adding more copper the more this presents itself. I dont mix my own metals so cannot help with a formulation Im sorry.

Copper makes the alloy red and harder and more difficult to work, adding Silver negates this hardness to a certain degree, I recently made some Rose Gold the formula I used is 75%Au-21%Cu-4%Ag, I can't post a picture as it is on my old computer and is at the computer Guru in the hope that he can retrieve the the Hard Drive. The formula I have given will produce 18ct gold to produce 20ct you will need adjust the ratios accordingly.