Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
I have a reel if very thin wire, and have tried doing this but the results were not to my satisfaction.
So I would recommend these ear hooks from Cookson below with the front very thin and elegant.

There are also alternatives at Rashbel https://www.bellorerashbel.co.uk/pro...lver+ear+wires
Now that shows that you don't wear earrings Dennis. The moment you have a heavily forged area on the wire like that, you risk it travelling up into the piercing, where it cuts and irritates. Horrid. Like earwires that are made from too thin (or too thick) wire.

I have to agree, the little bit of silver gimp just makes them look cheap. There are much nicer ways to decorate an earwire and I highly recommend playing around with them.

If you don't feel like making them, come and buy some of mine. At least they're properly handmade, and most importantly, not plated like the cheap commercial imports, which are almost invariably 999 plated over 925 so they don't need to be properly polished. Many wearers who think they can't wear silver earrings have actually had a reaction to the tiny bits of plating flaking off through wear and irritating the piercing.