Thread: Query - waterproof glass cabochon covered printed jewellery....

Default Query - waterproof glass cabochon covered printed jewellery....

So, I could cast in resin and think that is what many would advise but surely there is a way to do this?

I did my original research and bought Lillyglaze and Microglaze as being very good products out of the many choices available... Microglaze to seal my image, Lillyglaze to seal the metal mount interior and affix the glass cabochon with no yellowing.

..then I find out water dissolves Lillyglaze. Fool that I am, I had assumed this was all waterproof!

So my question is to all experienced persons - are there products I can use to do the same process - print image, seal image, cover image within metal mount with glass and affix glass - that give a waterproof end result?

Very, VERY grateful for information and advice on this!

Happy Yule to all!

Hello Alexandra
    I’m not really understanding what you need to know but then we are mostly precious metal jewellers. If someone can’t give you an answer there are a lot of forums especially on FB dedicated to working in resin who are really knowledgeable on all aspects of the craft.
    To help understand what you need photos might be useful

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    Hello Alexandra
    I’m not really understanding what you need to know but then we are mostly precious metal jewellers. If someone can’t give you an answer there are a lot of forums especially on FB dedicated to working in resin who are really knowledgeable on all aspects of the craft.
    To help understand what you need photos might be useful
    Thank you for your reply. I think I need to find a different forum! - I ended up here following a million links after looking at things like Krylon and Midas Finish Laquer for sealing... thank you for your time and I will try hunting a more specific group

Good luck. Have you looked at Resin8? I recently had to contact them for advice on a project and they are really knowledgeable about their product. They might be better placed to understand your needs