Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Four Pinky Rings.

Default Four Pinky Rings.

In 2006 I made two small rings for a little finger, one made from D-shaped wire and the other rectangular. They were so unremarkable that I didn’t even record them, and they soon fell into disuse.

What a surprise then, that this month I was asked to re-size them, so that they could be worn again. However the discrepancy was almost three sizes, so I decided to order some silver from Cookson and start again.

This time I tried to be a little more innovative and they are shown on the right of my picture. The top one is made from oval wire, with the inside flattened a little, but it is quite a statement piece. The stock for the lower left was roll textured with fabric and made from a 10mm wide strip. The metal is 1.2mm thick.

Then I cut open the original rings and realised that what I took to be tarnished silver, was actually 9Ct white gold, with its slightly yellow cast. It had never even been hallmarked.

To increase the length, I rolled them slightly in my mill: one in a D-shaped groove and the other on the flat. They are shown on the left. The top one has a tiny flat rim which is an added detail, and the lower one has a brushed finish.

Ring size M
    What a relief to be working in metal again, instead of the much dirtier acrylic. Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Four Pinky Rings.jpg  

I will try again something went horribly wrong the first time
    Your clearly have not lost your touch after working with acrylic they are very nice rings.

Outstandingly beautiful, what talent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My favourite is the top right ring. Gorgeous!
    Jules

The top right is my favourite too but all really wearable Dennis. I like going back and remaking pieces that have sat for a while. I find they fly out the door then which is always a good thing!

Thank you all, I liked the top right one best too. Dennis.

I like the top right as well - it looks very comfortable - but I'd probably most like to wear the bottom left one, which is the perfect pinky ring IMO - unobtrusive, won't bang into things and just a bit of added interest with the finish.

Lovely to see some metal from you Dennis

Top right is my favourite as well, although they are all very nice. Plastic is good but metal rocks!

Thank you, George and Alastair.
    Thinking back to the first time it really called for a signet ring, which professionals wore with the insignia of their college or society.
    I wasn't into that then, nor am I now, so this was my solution. Dennis.

very nice Dennis, good to see you playing with metal again.