Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: laser cutting

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    I think these discussions are always helpful. I’m such an old dinosaur but if a piece of equipment helps speed up some processes while allowing you the time to do the special stuff then now I’m all for cutting a few corners. One day I may even have some things cast! I create so few pieces that create is an important word to me so if I was mass producing I wouldn’t get anything out of making jewellery or using my skills and continuing to learn new ones. The laser cutter at that price sent a flicker of interest but I know it wouldn’t get used often enough to merit the spend and I haven’t got any more space in my wee workshop
    Agreed and thanks from one old dinosaur to another! 🤪

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    That's a stunning result. Are there safety concerns? Dennis.
    Hi Dennis,
    Yes there can be potential safety concerns using these machines but I suppose same as any workshop machinery. I think it's just a matter of taking adequate precautions ,ppe fume extraction ,ventilation etc.
    Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianfs View Post
    I have just reread this and I hope I have not give offence to the original post. The pieces shown are beautiful.
    Ian
    Hi Ian,
    No offence taken in fact I think you raised a valid point. I have to admit a similar thought lurks in the back of my mind, but I suppose a person that produces an item by traditional hand skills might find a use to embellish the item (as in the attached images for example) ? but as I say i'm just having fun experimenting with the possibilities at the moment
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5078_1.jpg   IMG_5073.jpg