Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A beginner question for first time ring-making and soldering

Andrew Berry is good to get on with and demonstrates many old school tried and true procedures. Soham not so if you suggest a alternative or question a techique that will be the last you will hear from him.

Personally, I think the best online training is Jewellery Training Solutions. The lessons are beautifully photographed and easy to follow with lots of close-ups. They are also offering a substantial discount at the moment.
    https://www.jewellerytrainingsolutions.com.au/

I would recommend Make it with Kim's twelve months of metal which is free on utube. She takes you through every process you need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheen View Post
    I would recommend Make it with Kim's twelve months of metal which is free on utube. She takes you through every process you need to know.
    Seconded. Kim has made some great videos in the last 12 months.

Yes I have recommended JTS to few people and they have given very favorable feedback, I have not looked at it for a few years I was was put off by the low quality video
    they are in partnership with Soham Harrison in some way I do not know how maybe just one friend supporting another.

Peter Keep, a master jeweller, has a jewellery school in Perth and he & Soham are also friends going back donkeys years. Soham also used to teach at the school.