Thread: I'd love some thoughts on my first ever pieces

Default I'd love some thoughts on my first ever pieces

Hi everyone. I'm pretty new and I started off with some simple wire winding for pendants and earrings for Christmas presents. I'd love some thoughts on them bearing in mind I'm very new and have limited gear!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cRFIn7p.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	12780

I think you have started well. You have a good overall look for your pieces, not too fussy, well presented.

I love that piece on the far left with the blue stone, I'm a big fan of not too much fussiness.

Wire work is very saving on metal. Presumably no solder was involved, but you have shown us some pretty pieces.
    I particularly like that, the beauty of the stones is enhanced by your settings.
    I would prefer that they were presented in plain boxes perhaps enhanced with a label, rather than those used by high street jewellers. Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by misspond View Post
    I love that piece on the far left with the blue stone, I'm a big fan of not too much fussiness.
    That's my favourite also. I think the asymmetric wire works well with the stone. They will make lovely presents and the recipients will be delighted with something you have made with love rather than just handing over the plastic. Ian