Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wax carving

Quote Originally Posted by Petal View Post
    I agree with Sheena Caroline, maybe have a go at something new that you know you can easily achieve. Maybe have a workshop tidy? I find that really theraputic when I can't seem to get anywhere with outstanding things on the bench..

This wax carving malarky looks interesting...

Don't get too disheartened Caroline, just give yourself a break from it and you'll get your mojo back. Mine is back and its been away a while, but now a happy bunny making etc.
    If you remember Jules I had a complete refurb a few months ago even painted a Kandinsky wall and arty space. I haven’t made anything but a new cuff since March and I can’t reconnect with that stuff. I’m going to have to redo some of them as I’ve become more critical since then! I might finish a spoon and give it to Mike for his newly made rasp jam!
    Sorry Sheena we’ve stolen your post.

I've never tried making a spoon but I know how it's done. I think it might be one of those things that every jeweller should have in their professional bag of precious things Having a break from wax carving this week but now I have a wee dog to go with my bird I ordered some wax wires and some of that pink sheet, which is supposed to be much softer, to play with.

Ps most of the books about wax carving are out of print but there is going to be a new one published in march next year
    https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Carving-J.../dp/178500834X

That should be good, given the authors.
    It's pleasing to see Crowood press going hell-for-leather on publishing good quality craft books.

I would always choose a good book over a video or Internet write up. I really enjoy reading them.