Thread: The Rockhoppers Wedding.

Default The Rockhoppers Wedding.

This is a memento for long term partners, getting married late in life. Its hardly jewellery, but I thought you might like to see it anyhow.

The crests are made from cable. The eyes are sparkly chatons and the background is made from a sample of glass effect acyclic, that I had saved for ages, waiting for a god cause. It has a slightly green cast and a matt finish.

Crests: Aculon 7 strand beading wire, 0.45 mm diameter.
    Eyes: 2.0 mm rainbow foil backed chatons.
    Acrylic sheet 3.0 mm. Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rockhoppers Wedding.jpg  

That's spooky I was just watching a penguin being rescued from six pack retainer stuck around it's neck, I think the Rockhoppers will be impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    That's spooky I was just watching a penguin being rescued from six pack retainer stuck around it's neck, I think the Rockhoppers will be impressed.
    They’d be even more impressed if people would just think and break or cut the retainer. It takes a couple of seconds. The same applies to other things, the latest being disposable face masks.
    Lovely piece Dennis.

What a fun token for them, such detail Dennis. I’m sure they have everything they’d ever need and it’s impossible to know what to give people now

Oh Dennis, thank you - what a lovely cheering sight (and story) on a very gloomy day. I love that the crests give them so much more expression than they would have without

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    This is a memento for long term partners, getting married late in life. Its hardly jewellery, but I thought you might like to see it anyhow.

The crests are made from cable. The eyes are sparkly chatons and the background is made from a sample of glass effect acyclic, that I had saved for ages, waiting for a god cause. It has a slightly green cast and a matt finish.

Crests: Aculon 7 strand beading wire, 0.45 mm diameter.
    Eyes: 2.0 mm rainbow foil backed chatons.
    Acrylic sheet 3.0 mm. Dennis.
    Dennis, that is something so special for this couple. Absolutely wonderful!
    Ruedeleglise.

Thank you everyone for liking the rockhoppers.

I'm pretty sure there wasn't any beer.

They live outside the EU, so anything of value would have hit them with custom charges.

Adding the foxtail near the end was a bit of a cliff hanger, as I had to make pairs of slanting holes to meet in recesses at the back of the top layer.

Then the cable was fed through from the front and back out again. The sharp bend was all that was needed to keep them firmly in place, but there were six pairs in all. Dennis.