Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tripoli problem

You could build a plywood hood or box quite easily to work within and definitely the dust needs to be going away from you for your own health as well as the spread in the room. I was lucky enough to get a Dustmaster maxi with extraction at a very good price years ago but I still wear a mask, scarf round my hair, glasses and polishing shirt.
    I bough a piece of sheet Perspex in my refurb to screen off the polisher to stop the sideways dust. You can have the pieces cut to size and you could probably glue or bracket the sheets together. Being transparent it allows light and in a living space would remove the impression of a solid structure . Message me for the company if you want

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    You could build a plywood hood or box quite easily to work within and definitely the dust needs to be going away from you for your own health as well as the spread in the room. I was lucky enough to get a Dustmaster maxi with extraction at a very good price years ago but I still wear a mask, scarf round my hair, glasses and polishing shirt.
    I bough a piece of sheet Perspex in my refurb to screen off the polisher to stop the sideways dust. You can have the pieces cut to size and you could probably glue or bracket the sheets together. Being transparent it allows light and in a living space would remove the impression of a solid structure . Message me for the company if you want
    Thanks Caroline
    I have some Perspex and have cut it in the past so probably okay with that. I think a length of 100mm flexible tube and an extractor fan should do the trick.
    This is such a helpful forum.
    Ian