Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: And the move begins.

Default And the move begins.

Well i got the dragons shopping out of the way, and then took her to the dentist and then to the doctors to collect her prescription and then finally got home for my crafting "day" lol.

I know i should be making xmas cards but Kurts room was calling and i cant move in Rikkis room trying to make them so i decided i would start filling all the cupboards etc in his room, so that when i delivers all the boxes and bags stacked in the corner at the weekend, i can then just dismantle the bed and move the card/candle glass desks in under the window.

So for the last hour i have been walking back and forth carrying 300 odd candles (they weigh a ton lol) and my back is screaming lol so i have stopped for some painkillers.

His built in wardrobe now has two large boxes of oriental candle holders, a third needs to be carried in tonight, but i slid these two along the floor. Then it has all the candles stacked in their size groups on the rest of the floor. On the big top shelf there is the two huge "really useful" boxes of stamps and then the box of embossing powders and another two with embellishments, and two boxes of dry oasis.

Thats about as full as i want it cos i need to be able to get stuff without having to empty half the cupboard for it lol

So in a few mins i will fill up me little washing up bowl and go and wash out all the free standing wardrobes and drawers and shelves ready to fill up with all the a4 acrylic boxes of paper and card (all colour sorted) and the embellishments boxes and peel off boxes.

(Do you get the feeling i like everything in clear plastic boxes?)

Hopefully i will get everything in on that side of the room leaving a clear floor (woot) which will be so much easier to work in.

Once the bed goes and the glass desk moves in i will have a far better lit room to make cards and stuff in.

If i have measured everything correctly that will leave me with approximately a 12' wall for benches and units for jewellery making. Two distinct sides of the room fr the different crafts.

I will go and try to take some piccys to show you how its coming along
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

It'll be worth it when you're done, I hope your back eases up

The room sounds fab though, massive in fact! Oh, and I have a bit of a thing for clear boxes too, lol!
    Lucinda

Well done you xxx My room is a mess at the moment and my mam is coming to stay with me next week as hubby has to do nights (i'm a bit scaredy cat) so as it is the guest room aswell i have to have to tidy it,,,, Also snap on the back ache mine is agony now with one week and 4days i fell off my high heels And the tail end of my spine is agony,,,,, good luck with your tidying xx

You sound wonderfully organised Su. I'm afraid my work desk only stays organised for about half an hour 'cos I like to have everything to hand once I start and as I usually go on way past by bedtime the clear up is not great.

That said you really will notice a big difference when you have more space it's so easy just reaching out and picking up what you need without having to trawl through cupboards to find things first.
    Annie xXx

All things are possible - if you look at them the right way!

Woop Woop just be careful Mrs x

KK here come the first piccies - of the built in wardrobe now overflowing lol and the wall of drawers and cupboard and shelves for the "alternive crafts" lol (i.e non jewellery)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00727_0277.jpg   DSC00729_0279.jpg   DSC00728_0278.jpg  
    Su' xx

One day i will arrive

Default Piccies part 2

And these two are of the window thats over 10' wide underneath which the two glass desks for the cards etc will go, and the the Jewelery wall!! No the telly wont be staying. The computer will go on one of the glass desks, but it doesnt really connect to the net, so i she still have to rely on my laptop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00725_0275.jpg   DSC00726_0276.jpg  
    Su' xx

One day i will arrive

You sure are getting there Su xxx

I trying! lol
    Su' xx

One day i will arrive

Looks good. Ikea candles by any chance? What do you do with them?
    Em
    x