Thread: Air conditioning

Default Air conditioning

Why is it that the air conditioner only breaks down when you need it.

Not a problem in Scotland, we just open a window or door neither of which I really want to do just now

Just the opposite here today (currently 11.50 am 39deg C), will be same for the next three days, makes me me think of my grand parents, survived with air conditioner guess I will have to break out the
    fan as they did.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    Not a problem in Scotland, we just open a window or door neither of which I really want to do just now
    Don’t all the midges fly in then.....not in the winter, I know!

I have heard they are problem in Scotland, we just have about 300 other bugs to worry about, Flies, Blow Flies , Mosquitos, wasps, flying ants (termites)etc. just keep the screen door closed Flying kangaroos are not a problem they have all gone to the Mojave Desert

Quote Originally Posted by Ruedeleglise View Post
    Don’t all the midges fly in then.....not in the winter, I know!
    We don’t get midgies down here in Fife in the same way, that’s more a west coast problem. We had the flying ant influx but it only lasted for a day and gave the swallows and swifts such a feeding frenzy.I think our flying ants are different from yours Bob! Definitely not termites as we understand them and I think I read we get them from th continent? The wasps weren’t much of a bother this year maybe with everyone being at home or we were more chilled about them.Ticks are becoming much more of a problem with so much rain, had to remove a few from the cats this year but luckily not me this year
    Last edited by CJ57; 28-11-2020 at 02:56 PM.