Hi Everyone

New to the forum and need help!

I like making silver link jewellery items and my problem is with sterling silver strip solder, my preference is using medium and hard solder for the reliability in strength on the soldered links but it is oh so tedious and time-consuming cutting and thinning the pallions so small so as not to leave a big blob on the joint

I would prefer to use sterling silver solder wire as I know it will be so much easier to manage and obtain consistency, to buy this wire in the UK, I only know of one supplier and in my opinion, and without naming the supplier, has an over the top price tag, in fact, it's cheaper to buy inclusive of delivery from Rio Grande but the delivery time lets it down.

Just a few questions below

1 Does anyone know of suppliers in the UK for sterling silver solder wire either hard/medium 0.8 to 1.2 diameter?

2 Can Argentium solder wire be used to solder sterling silver, I have seen this wire on Cookson's website but I do not know if it is compatible with Sterling Silver, if it is, does it require a different flux? I use a borax cone.

I have a few Draw Plates which I use to obtain the correct diameter to suit my A.R. spec so could use the Draw Plates for the solder wire as well, anything larger such as casting my own solder ingots is not possible as I don't have a Rolling Mill

Any feedback is very much appreciated

MrLincs