Thread: Lion Forge / Pepe tools Foredom graver adaptor help.

Default Lion Forge / Pepe tools Foredom graver adaptor help.

Hi I'm Gill goldsmith of 30+ years at the bench it's my first post..
    I'm trying to buy a lion's forge/Pepe tools adaptor for my foredom hammer handpiece H.15. can I buy this in the UK... I'm getting fed up paying £50 delivery on Pepe/Rio tools. But many things just don't seam available here... If anyone can point me in the direction of a supplier I'd be greatfull... Thank you.

Welcome to the club (and the Forum) it is a worldwide problem postage and freight from the US have gone sky high, started two years ago and is not slowing down, many items cost less than the actual freight if Biden is successful and it looks though he will be
    it will become a lot worse.

Hi Gill welcome to the forum
    I’ve not heard anyone mention Pepe tools much other than China who is in Australia.
    Have you tried contacting either Foredom or Pepe to see if they can tell you?
    I’ve bought a couple of things from Rio Grande but not in a long time and before shipping got even worse. It’s really infuriating that U.K. companies don’t stock other tool brands more readily, they obviously can’t get a good enough financial deal for them to make a big profit.
    Good luck. Caroline

Welcome Gill,
    I've gone to Betts (the tool bit was formerly Suttons) for Pepe stuff in the past - I have a few of their tools and have found them to consistently good. They don't carry all stock, but they have sourced things for me by adding to their next order. Not quick, but significantly less shipping cost.

However, I did notice that this particular tool is available on US amazon with delivery to the UK seeming to be $6. Alternatively, try one of the smaller dealers (micro-tools for example) who will ship USPS rather than DHL, or even ask one of the etsy tool sellers in the US - many will happily source things and send them here - which is how I tend to get stuff from Rio when I really can't find it anywhere else!

I used to buy all my big spend books from US Amazon as they were at least half the price even with postage. I haven’t looked in a while for anything else assuming they would have got too expensive. Good to know