Hello,

I recently purchased some Kapton Tape as it stated it can be applied on jewellery to mask areas that I dont need to polish will leave no residue after removal.
I've now received the rolls of Kapton Tape to test.

Does anyone know if it will cause my Sterling Silver jewellery to tarnish after I remove or during application?

This was the description by the place where i purchased, a known watch parts and jeweller wholesaler beginning with C too.

Kapton is a registered trademark of DuPont. Polymide protection tape is a special heat resistant durable adhesive tape. Used for masking selected parts of objects like watch bracelet or watch case surface areas during polishing and buffing to obtain varying finishes. Leaves no residue after removal.

Good for watchmaking and jewellery applications. Conveniently available in various widths and can also be cut to size. Having a strong adhesive backing it will not lift during the polishing process, thus giving a very clean precise edge. It also acts as a heat barrier, minimising the risk of heat discolouration.

Used by the top Swiss watch houses
Kapton branded tape, made by Dupont
Silicon based adhesive
Easy to remove
Rolls of 33 metres
Widths 2mm to 15mm