Thread: step bezels

Default step bezels

more gem setting at the moment. What's the best way to solder an inner step into a outer bezel, how should i place the pieces on my solder block and where should i place the solder to get it running round with minimum fuss? With my last telescope tube setting i set the tube on top of some pieces of solder on my solder block.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheen View Post
    more gem setting at the moment. What's the best way to solder an inner step into a outer bezel, how should i place the pieces on my solder block and where should i place the solder to get it running round with minimum fuss? With my last telescope tube setting i set the tube on top of some pieces of solder on my solder block.
    Hi Sheena,
    If there is a back plate, there is no need to solder at all. The inner bearer can be an open jump ring, or a not quite complete tube.
    With an open back I would put just two tiny crumbs of solder onto the ledge, and it will run into the space and tack them together.
    After that its up to you whether you turn it upside down to add more, or just leave it. Dennis.

Did as you said worked brilliantly. I've just left it tacked before i decide how to attach my ring band. Fancy soldering it to the outside wall rather than the bottom this time but will see. Had a good soldering day, did a 22mm diameter bezel too which went brilliantly. Was a bit nervous I would melt the walls before I melted the solder.

Good for you Sheena.