Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two Foxy Brooches.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Two Foxy Brooches.

I’m fixated on foxes at the moment, for a birthday. So I’ve made two brooches, one in acrylic and one in silver. True to my resolution to economise, the silver one is made from wire.

Both have stainless steel double pins.

Size of brooches: Acrylic 7.5mm wide x 4.5mm tall. Silver 3.5mm wide x 4.5mm tall.
    Pin wire 0.8mm
    Triangular wire for silver brooch 2.mm. Dennis
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F1 Acrylic Fox Brooch.jpg   F1 Reverse.jpg   F2 Wire fox Brooch.jpg   F2 Reverse.jpg  

These are wonderfully quirky and fun Dennis, the wire one looks very male in posture. As usual the recipient is very lucky.
    Do you see a lot of urban foxes?
    We have a Red Squirrel obsession this last few days as Mike saw a big fat one in the front garden the size of a ginger Tom and according to reports there are at least 3 about.We are obviously lacking stimulation just now but it is good news!

Oh I love these - I also have a bit of a thing for Foxes and have made foxy pieces in the past. I was sat outside having a late cup of tea last night and could hear one calling.

As soon as I read you had done one in acrylic and one in silver I thought I would automatically prefer the silver. While I love them both and the wire piece is very clever, there is something extra special about the acrylic one. Beautiful, as always.

Karen

Oh Dennis - they are both fabulous - I also especially love the acrylic version - you've managed to convey so much expression, especially with the very clever shaping around the eyes.

I never thought I'd say this, but you've completely won me over with your acrylic pieces - I find myself waiting to see what you'll come up with next!

That acrylic one , looks right at you, my friends daughter ( 6yr old) loves Foxes, she has quilt cover covered in them , she wants one as a pet.

Thank you everyone. I'm quite excited that you like he acrylic one, as I'm not much of a drawer and practically wore out a rubber, trying to get it right.
    We do have a fox who appears at twilight in a little park near us. In the day it's flocks of pigeons and lunch box munchers.
    Kind regards to all, Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Thank you everyone. I'm quite excited that you like he acrylic one, as I'm not much of a drawer and practically wore out a rubber, trying to get it right.
    We do have a fox who appears at twilight in a little park near us. In the day it's flocks of pigeons and lunch box munchers.
    Kind regards to all, Dennis.
    Very nice Dennis. That is a fox. I 'm on brooches myself at the mo. Do you find two pins give extra stability?
    Nick

Being a countryman born and breed I don’t share your love of Mr or Mrs Fox having lost many ducks, geese and chickens to them! But all said, wow what marvellous acrylic and silver broaches. Stand by for a silver wire shot gun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you, David. Yes, they're noisy and smelly and raid our bins in towns. Also they are dedicated killers. But they are part of our wild life. Dennis.

Hi Dennis where did you get your triangle plates, are they carbide or cheapies.

Bob