Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meet Tommy Toucan.

Default Meet Tommy Toucan.

Here is my new friend Tommy. I’m trying to make my animals a bit more realistic now, except that toucans have black body feathers, and I have used dark blue and purple for this one to give him a bit of glamour.

The reverse has a silver backing, glued and screwed, with a jump ring, to attach a strong chain.
    The idea is to hang him as a mascot on a bag, or backpack.

Height of toucan 7.5cm.
    Eye, 3.0mm lapis cab.
    3 layers of 3.0mm acrylic sheet. Dennis
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails T1 Toucan Pendant.jpg   T2 Toucan Reverse.jpg  

That is really well done Dennis, is the silver hand textured or through the mill.

Exceedingly accomplished, you're getting expert at this acrylic lark (or should that be toucan). When it comes to acrylics i can't, but youcan. Sorry i couldn't help myself.

Loving Tommy, he has such character. He would have made a fun hat badge as well Dennis

Thank you Bob, Sheena and Caroline. There' so much doom and gloom about, I'm trying to choose cheerful subjects.

I keep a stock of roll textured silver, Bob. It is a bit wasteful for this, but makes it a bit more special. Dennis.

He's just gorgeous! He reminds me very much of some animal brooches my lovely great aunt had, which she'd had made for her in the 30's - she had one to represent each new country she visited - and there were quite a collection of them! She had a toucan, which will have been made after one of her trips to South America (she had a sister who lived in Argentina), but I'm not sure which country it represented for her.

I'm particularly keen on his bill - is it shaped as well as having the colour change? It looks very 3d to me.

You've really mastered this whole acrylic thing Dennis - I'm so impressed.

Thank you George. No doubt I will cover the world eventually.
    The colours are fitted together flat bit by bit, using my mini light box. With the bill you get the the illusion of it being raised. Kind regards, Dennis.

I’ve just noticed his feet Dennis, how are they attached? The more I look at him I find him joyful. Thanks for that as it’s very dreich and wet up here

Terrific, Dennis. Reminds me of the Guinness advertisement.....Guinness is good for you.....just imagine what one or Toucan do!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you Caroline and David.

Caroline, the base layer is purple, and you will see best on my reverse picture how the feet are part of that

Yes David, I was tempted to add a glass of the dark stuff, but didn't fancy being growled at for copyright infringement. Dennis.