Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Two Foxy Brooches.

Agreed, but must be controlled...no natural predators now the wolf has gone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I tried to be diplomatic, down here they are a pest, for a time in the seventies I made a living out of controlling them.

Well I guess they were imported into Australia, so that the unspeakable could hunt the inedible.

These are really nice Dennis. I think the 3 dimensional nature of the acrylic is great and the 2 tone white and red works very well.

Thank you Alastair. The colour range is limited, so I struggle to find a subject to suit.

Surprisingly, now that I have seen them in use, it's the silver one which is the winner for me.
    The geometric design makes a bold statement, and the triangular wire gives jewel like reflections. Dennis.
    Last edited by Dennis; 28-10-2020 at 11:24 AM.

I love your triangular wire designs Dennis - makes me hanker after a drawbench all the more!

Thank you George. most of these wires are from scraps and stubs, left over from belt buckle projects, started in the mill, and then drawn down. I don't have the puff to draw it by hand, but it's easy with my mini boat winch.

You do have to keep a sharp eye on it, because slightly out of alignment, and you end up with hexagonal wire instead. Dennis.

Hi Dennis where did you get your triangle plates, are they carbide or cheapies.

Bob

I have two of them Bob: a large one starting at 6.0mm, and a smaller one going down to minute. They are ancient and unbranded, but not carbide.

I rather treasure the feint lines left on my wires by the draw plates as adding an extra dimension and a sign of being hand crafted. So I take the utmost care not to polish them away.

Cheapies is a relative term, because as you can see below, many of them are now around £90 with VAT. and I have accumulated 13 assorted ones at the last count. In fact the cost of draw plates is a major disincentive to people drawing down their own wires. https://www.google.com/search?client...or+jewellkeres
    Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I have two of them Bob: a large one starting at 6.0mm, and a smaller one going down to minute. They are ancient and unbranded, but not carbide.

I rather treasure the feint lines left on my wires by the draw plates as adding an extra dimension and a sign of being hand crafted. So I take the utmost care not to polish them away.

Cheapies is a relative term, because as you can see below, many of them are now around £90 with VAT. and I have accumulated 13 assorted ones at the last count. In fact the cost of draw plates is a major disincentive to people drawing down their own wires. https://www.google.com/search?client...or+jewellkeres
    Dennis.
    I don’t feel so bad now Dennis. You are to drawplates what I am to hammers. In fact I think you win. Or is it the other way round, well you know what I mean.