Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jewellery Manufacturer. China or Thailand?

If you ask on a forum of makers you’ll get mixed views on manufacturing abroad. It’s probably not something any or many have experience of as jewellers and silversmiths.
    Hope your samples are up to the standards you require. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by BH1 View Post
    Hi!

Thanks for your comment. I am having samples made, of course. I just came on here to ask for some helpful advice from anyone else who had experience with manufacturers in Thailand as I haven't worked with any in Thailand as of yet. I spent months and months doing research on both of them, so no not just 'because the interweb says so'. Both companies are members of the business social compliance initiative as well as passing all European standards.
    Pandora has a big factory just around the corner from one of my pearl suppliers just outside Bangkok on a huge mostly jewellery industrial estate. Thai jewellery is often beautifully designed and made
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

That's good then you have researched it independently of the interweb. I'm glad I could help.

Hi CJ57,

I am in a similar situation to the lady posting this thread. I wonder if you know of any forums that would be better suited to search for manufacturers, or any tips on where to look for reputed manufacturers who can mass-produce? Thanks for your time!

Best wishes, LightandJoy

Default What was the outcome? Any tips for someone in the same situation?

Hi There,
    I'm wondering what you settled on, and if you can offer some tips and experience from the past years of your dealings?

I am in the same situation - looking for a supplier to mass produce our designs, and I would so appreciate any insights and help into finding reputed manufacturers - I have been looking in Thailand, Hong Kong and Mainland China. I'd love to hear from your experience.

Thank you,
    LightandJoy

Quote Originally Posted by LightandJoy View Post
    Hi CJ57,

I am in a similar situation to the lady posting this thread. I wonder if you know of any forums that would be better suited to search for manufacturers, or any tips on where to look for reputed manufacturers who can mass-produce? Thanks for your time!

Best wishes, LightandJoy
    I’d have to reply the same as Peter in your own posting. We are in the main designer makers so have no need to search down the manufacturing route. The whole idea of mass producing would be pointless and unrewarding for me as a maker. Perhaps a business advisor rather than jewellers is where you need to make contact. Caroline

As I said to your post in another thread, if you are having to ask forums for answers to such basic questions, you should question the whole business. You simply aren't ready
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk