Thread: Refining silver

Default Refining silver

Hi everyone

I'm looking to send my scrap silver (including offcuts, dust, pretty much everything) to be refined and was hoping someone could suggest a reliable company in the UK that I could approach please?

Thank you!

Nina

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Cookson offer refining services Nina. https://www.cooksongold.com/scrapgold/faq.jsp
    And probably also your assay office. Dennis.

Are you just wanting it to be refined, or is this to sell?

If it's the latter it can also depend on the weight you're talking about - if it's less than a kg, some companies either won't take it, or will not give you a decent price.
    Cookson used to offer a one-off free refining for people using their scrap service for the first time, but I'm not sure if this is still the case, but they'll probably have one of their 1-2-3 offers if not.
    The alternatives, especially for smaller quantities, are people like Hatton Garden Metals or Lois Bullion, both of whom I've had good experiences with.

Thank you both for your advice. I'm basically looking to have it refined and sent back to me to use for my pieces. Be it in sheet form (if this is something that is offered) or grain. I'm sorry, I'm not too sure how it all works

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Betts Metals are offering free refining for February, but you need to get your skates on. Give them a ring, you get the best price if they credit it to your a/c to be used against future purchases.