Thread: A Simple Articulated Acrylic Bracelet.

Default A Simple Articulated Acrylic Bracelet.

Having made the more formal black and ivory necklace and ring, shown last month, I decided to add a very simple articulated bracelet.

The 10.0mm strips were cut from 5.0mm acrylic sheet, heated in a domestic oven and shaped around an oval mandrel.

They were then cut to the lengths illustrated and drilled for 1.0mm stainless steel pins. The holes passed right through the ivory pieces, but stopped short in the black ones, so that the pins with their ends concealed could be glued in place.

At one ivory end, I cut a slot, to create a hook fastener and added a small sparkler, to make it easier to identify.

My mandrel is tapering, so there were lots of scrawled numbers and arrows, to make sure the parts were assembled correctly. Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ab1 Bracelet Showing Parts.jpg   Ab2 The Bracelet.jpg  

A thumbs up and a like from me Dennis. The black and ivory colours go together very well.

Another winner there Dennis - very deco, and a very clever fastener. I like it very much indeed.

Thank you for looking Alastair, Caroline and George and for your kind comments.
    All the black and ivory pieces, which you can see in my album, had to be posted abroad. Some arrived quickly and some took three weeks, so was a real cliffhanger.
    Dennis.

Really striking Dennis. Whoever is getting that is very lucky indeed.

Karen

Thank you Karen. Bracelets are not that popular, because its just one more thing to throw on before starting the day, and they interfere with long sleeves. This one went abroad, where they wear much more stuff. Regards, Dennis.

Interesting to here the different trends, Bracelets are fairly popular down here, but I guess we don't need long sleeves as often