Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sawing small things

I have a couple of pure bristle painters brushes on my workbench, they are about half an inch wide, and if I need to clean away any dust from a piercing job's surface, I use one of these, I also saw at right angles to my eyeline most of the time and the piercing dust mostly goes down into my bench skin. Some of my piercing jobs have required me to be piercing for many hours, sometimes all day for many days.

James

With the tiny things I was sawing i noticed that it was rather nice sawing at right angles seemed to be easier to see what I was doing. I'm left handed but do you prefer to saw clockwise or anticlockwise, does it make any difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheen View Post
    With the tiny things I was sawing i noticed that it was rather nice sawing at right angles seemed to be easier to see what I was doing. I'm left handed but do you prefer to saw clockwise or anticlockwise, does it make any difference?
    I am right handed so I saw from right to left across my bench peg, also it is important to be seated at the correct height so that you can see clearly where you are piercing. I must admit that I love piercing and find it very satisfactory.
    This photo shows my bench peg and my favourite saw frame.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10- Jims workbench.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	12723

James

I'd like to do more sawing. I still find it quite tiring but I already prefer to saw over using snippers.