Thread: Crimping issues - Help needed :)

Default Crimping issues - Help needed :)

Hey All,

So I am new to necklace making, I have been able to do all other aspects of it mostly quite well but I cannot get crimping right!

So clarify, I got some 2x3mm crimp tubes and I am using Beadalon 0.38 mm Diameter 9.2 m Reel 19 Strand Wire. I have a Microcrimper tool and what I think is the Medium(nornal) one and one that is slightly bigger, none of them are crimping it how I expected, I watched various tutorials, photos etc.

The crimps just seem to squish or warp and do not have that lovely middle fold. I have tried with wire, without wire, nothing seems to work.

It could be the tools not being very good, I am not sure, any ideas would be helpful or any advice.

Thank you so much and I hope all who reads this is doing well.

(photos of my horrid crimps below)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2020-09-16 at 18.47.16.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	12712

Also sorry, seemed to make the image low res, but hopefully you can get an idea

I'm not familiar with this sort of crimping, but I hope you can get some clues on line here https://www.google.com/search?client...aking+on+Utube Dennis

a few tips, you first flatten your crimps with your crimping pliers, as you do so try to keep one wire on each side of the crimp. then you turn your crimp 90 degrees and press down again this should fold the crimp in half, and each wire should be contained in it's folded end. hope that helps
    Last edited by Sheen; 16-09-2020 at 09:10 PM.

Thank you for the link, Dennis
    Last edited by deepblueday; 17-09-2020 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheen View Post
    a few tips, you first flatten your crimps with your crimping pliers, as you do so try to keep one wire on each side of the crimp. then you turn your crimp 90 degrees and press down again this should fold the crimp in half, and each wire should be contained in it's folded end. hope that helps
    Hi Sheen,

Thank you for the reply

I used the back part first, with the little oval groove and "notch" on the other side, but straight away it flattens with the groove weird and just warps, as you can see in the photo.

So I am not sure what I am doing wrong, I have tried various crimping plier sizes with the 2mm crimp tubes, but to no success.