Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: help me between microscope and pneumatic engraving

Default help me between microscope and pneumatic engraving

hi .. i have th base tools. rolling mill, micro-motor, ultrasonic, steamer. opt-visors 2x to 3.5x . ball vise. smith-little torch. the base i have.. so i wanna invest in some more .. and in this stage im stuck to decide which is more importante between microscope and pneumatic engraving system.

i like to do setting with small stones like 1.2-1.5 i have a hand punching graver .. 3 of them .. but my finish is not good enough.

which one should i invest? and why?

thank you all in advance.

hope everyone be well and stay safe.

Well just to make your decision more difficult, most serious engravers use a microscope the microscope can be use for a variety of jobs, so can the engraver such as stone setting and general bench work, personally I would go for the microscope, in my situation I have all my quality engraving performed by a super top quality engraver, I suppose it depends on what you do most at this time, engraving or general bench work.

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    Well just to make your decision more difficult, most serious engravers use a microscope the microscope can be use for a variety of jobs, so can the engraver such as stone setting and general bench work, personally I would go for the microscope, in my situation I have all my quality engraving performed by a super top quality engraver, I suppose it depends on what you do most at this time, engraving or general bench work.
    OMG xD but if could buy only one..? still was gonna be the microscope?

Yes personally I would buy the microscope

Scope. Look at Jason Marchiafava's videos for some hand-pushed training using a scope.

Microscope for me too. I think its one of my favorite things , Its probs the best thing I have purchased to improve my setting

I've just used mine to take a couple of thorns from the szechuan pepper bush out of my fingers (and earlier I was doing some board rework under it).

It's the microscope for me as well. As an alternative style of engraving take a look at Malcolm Appleby's work.

https://www.instagram.com/malcolm_appleby_engraving

He uses a scope as well as Leica surgeons magnifiers. He is old school push engraving as well as hammer and chisel, very different style to Jason Marchiafava's work.

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    Scope. Look at Jason Marchiafava's videos for some hand-pushed training using a scope.
    wow this guy do a really fine work! he use only pushed graver? no pneumatic?

This should work...

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/ornamenta...ving/328537972

Malcolm Appleby's style is very different - what's shown here is more of a focus on the (dare I say more basic) fundamental decorative engraving motifs.