Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rings, rings everywhere!

Misspond where do you buy your tiny stones? You don't have to answer if you don't want to I've got some from kingsclere, a couple from bellore and rashbel and thinking of getting some from joopy gems

Quote Originally Posted by Sheen View Post
    Misspond where do you buy your tiny stones? You don't have to answer if you don't want to I've got some from kingsclere, a couple from bellore and rashbel and thinking of getting some from joopy gems
    I'm happy to share, seems a bit pointless not to
    For CZs I buy the cheapest options I can find on eBay - that's what I've used in the black and gold coloured rings. The Curious Gem have some nice colours and the prices are pretty good but they don't have any 1.5mm or 1mm stones.

The semi precious stones I've again found some good sellers on eBay - they're located in India but quite often the packages arrive in a week, sometimes a bit longer. Again, because I'm cheap I've been buying small lots at around £5 - 7 or slightly larger lots for around £8 - 14. All of the sellers have had good feedback ratings and so far I've not been disappointed by my purchases. Obviously I'm not a gem expert, and have no way of testing just how good these gemstones are but for between 50p and £2 per stone depending on what it is and the size I'm very happy. Examples are in the silver and gold coloured stack. And quite often there's a couple more stones in the pack than in the listing, I've never received less than is stated in the listing.
    This is an example of one of the lots I've bought https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NATURAL-Y...r=602468816330
    I'd say they're not quite as saturated in colour as the photo shows but they're still very pretty and for the price they're great.

A seller closer to home is Rich Dover who seems to have similar prices for some stones and he's here in the UK. 1ct would appear to be around twelve 2mm amethysts.

I got a couple of tiny tiny stones from bellore. I've mainly bought beads and cabachons previously and I've discovered buying these tiny things is a whole differant market generally. So it was back to Google search thanks for your reply it really helps

Ps if anyones interested joopygems has a lot of 2mm and 3mm stones at the moment.
    Last edited by Sheen; 05-09-2020 at 10:41 AM.

Just to illustrate, this is a stash I bought from the eBay seller I linked to - 100 stones, ranging from 2mm to 4mm, at a cost of £35 for all of them. Lots to play with, doesn't matter if I lose a couple.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200810_192300152.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	12692

That's a very good deal! I think i will see if i can get something like that of 1 - 1.5 mm stones. Ever since i saw your flush set rings I've started thinking up ideas of my own. I think you might have inspired me

Quote Originally Posted by Sheen View Post
    That's a very good deal! I think i will see if i can get something like that of 1 - 1.5 mm stones. Ever since i saw your flush set rings I've started thinking up ideas of my own. I think you might have inspired me
    Yay! I'll take that as a very welcome compliment, thank you x
    I have found it harder to source semi-precious stones in the 1mm to 1.5mm range. Your best bet for stones that small is definitely CZs. Be prepared for the 1mm ones to look like dust! I've bought a lot from this seller amongst others.

I discovered that I had lost a little package of 2mm orange sapphires the other day, cost me about £14 for 8 (although the seller sent 10) and I was gutted. Yesterday I found another seller here in the UK selling a mixed lot of 5cts of coloured sapphires for just over £12 with postage and they've just arrived. Yes, they're not top quality, but they're pretty and sparkly and I'm a very happy bunny. Must. Not. Lose. Them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200905_134254354.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	12693

Been checking all your links, some exciting possibilities. Rich Dover has some really interesting things to tempt me.

He certainly does!