Thread: Time To Get Serious.

Default Time To Get Serious.

With the prospect of going back to real offices in the autumn, It was time to abandon the gaudy acrylics of summer and make something on a more serious note.

In consultation with my prospective wearer, we decided on black with ivory.

The design needed sufficient thickness to accommodate my screw-in eyelets, so the 3.0mm black sheet was laminated with 3.0mm of ivory, which also gave more depth of colour to the insets. The pieces were then rubbed down manually to about 4.5mm in thickness.

Sadly, my favourite barleycorn chain from Cookson had been unavailable, so I used 2.3mm loose diamond cut Belcher instead.

As usual, I added a ring to match. I found it easier to cut out the finger holes in each sheet, before constructing the billet.

Squares: 1x20mm, 2x18mm and 2x17mm. Screw eyes 4mm screwed and glued.
    Billet for ring: 30x35 mm x 21high. Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BI1 Black and Ivory Necklace.jpg   Bl2 Starting the Ring.jpg   BI3 The Ring3.jpg  

That's almost in the Art Deco style, nice job

Fabulous, as always, Dennis - I especially like the touch with the matching clasp

Classy, deco going into the 30s i think

Thank you Bob, George and Sheena. My first idea was to make chequer board squares, but then I realised it was too much like the police. Dennis.