Thread: ID bracelet, which way round?

Default ID bracelet, which way round?

I was wondering if any of you can help me. Have made a curb chain ID bracelet for my cousin's fiancé. They plan to use it instead of a wedding ring for him but he's going to wear it on his right wrist. She wants to get her name engraved on the ID as a surprise. I'm about to send it off for hallmarking and want to make sure the hallmark is the same way up as the engraving.

My question is, should the writing face towards or away from the person? As the engraving is a surprise we can't ask him which he prefers. 🤷*♀️

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FA07B9C9-9742-42FE-B3A1-A65095952E9F.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	12651

There's no rule, but the person wearing it would obviously like to read it, so facing the person is logical.

That begs the second question: Which way up should the fastener be. I would say it should do up on the thumb side of the wrist, when the palm is turned down.
    You will have to experiment to see which way is best, but my guess is with the heavier hollow side at the bottom and the thin part at the top.
    Dennis.

I was going to say it depends which way round the wearer puts it on and whether they are left of right handed as to which end the catch is on. I know it’s different for a wrist but I always ask which way round they want the catch as it’s more natural to work the catch in the hand you use
    Last edited by CJ57; 19-08-2020 at 09:25 PM.

Thank you Dennis and Caroline, appreciate the advice.
    I'll have a play with it and see which way is easier to put on and off and then plan that for the writing facing the wearer.