Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: starting up a small online business

Question starting up a small online business

hi all

I just wondering if anyone can give me some advice on starting up a small online business , I would like to start frist with making up the website , so I can sell the jewellery I make. if any one knows where I could get a website up and running for a good price , that would be most helpful

I think a lot of people on here use MrSite which is pretty reasonable, but we are also blessed with a lot of IT people on here so i think you will soon get plenty of info. There have been a couple fo threads in the vein so lots of info to be had
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

Quote Originally Posted by bustagasket View Post
    I think a lot of people on here use MrSite which is pretty reasonable, but we are also blessed with a lot of IT people on here so i think you will soon get plenty of info. There have been a couple fo threads in the vein so lots of info to be had

thanks for that , I will look into that , thanks again

you are welcome, i very rarely actually have any knowledge to share lol as i am a total noob
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

Quote Originally Posted by bustagasket View Post
    you are welcome, i very rarely actually have any knowledge to share lol as i am a total noob
    lol

Hi there are 2 reasonably priced, Yola.com and Mrsite.com,,, I used mrsite.com and i find it grand and i am not great with computers but i manage it,,, have a look at my site if you wish Palace Gems - PALACE GEMS and i only have the basic, cheapest mrsite package.. If you decide to get it we will all help you along, the people on here are so fab!!!!

I think if you aren't knowledgeable in Web Development or Design a Mr Site or something like that is a good option. Have you thought about Etsy or something like that where you can potentially reach a huge audience without having to do so much work in terms of SEO and promotion?

Also take a peek at the Business Link site, lots of free resources for going into business: Business support, information and advice | Business Link
    Lucinda

I have to say it. If you're going to even consider writing anything for a website, or for etsy, you really have to start doing it in 'real' English. Textspeak, deliberate mis-spellings (which seem popular with teenagers at the moment for some reason) etc, just will not do, both here in the UK and especially for anything like etsy which also covers the US market.

If you're dyslexic, or have problems with spellings, please make sure you either use a good spellcheck, or better still, ask somebody to proofread for you.

There are few things more offputting in a website than bad spelling, punctuation and even grammar. They just imply a lack of pride and professionalism, and there's no excuse for them.

I'm not that keen on mangling the English language on forums either.

coodnt agree more...nofink wors den bad speeling.!!!http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/ima...ilies/nono.gif would say is that if you want to really sell jewellery online then you need a good ecomerce site and they can cost up to £1,500...then SEO and with a term like 'Jewellery' to optmise you are looking to spend thousands £££££££. I know of a good SEO company so PM me if you want....spend depends on what you want/need...

sorry, just tried to add a smilie but came out wrong in previous thread