Thread: Looking for a UK source for Argentium silver chain...

Default Looking for a UK source for Argentium silver chain...

I have Googled and looked, and can’t seem to find anyone selling Argentium chain in the UK. The only place I found that looked really promising was Allied Gold, but I filled out the form to make an account on the website over a week ago, and it still says “pending verification” or something and won’t let me in. Maybe the registration form on the website doesn’t work; I don’t know. Very frustrating.

Anyone know of a source?

I’m looking to buy bulk chain by the foot or the metre to make into necklace chains and chain components for my Argentium jewellery. Have seen it various places for sale in the US, but would rather avoid paying import duty and high postage if possible. Not sure why this is such a difficult thing to source; there seems to be plenty of it in the US, just not here.

Thanks in advance!

Allied gold is "Argentium" they own it, send them a email, I buy all my chain from them, they are always very accommodating unfortunately Argentium is very hard to obtain, there is one company in the us that have a good selection, but they consider themselves to be one of the elite and pick and choose who they will deal with.

Some companies are still not back to full working especially in offices so admin is very slow. A phonecall for now is probably the only way for quick verification of any enquiry

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    Allied gold is "Argentium" they own it, send them a email, I buy all my chain from them, they are always very accommodating
    Thanks! I’ll try emailing them.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    Some companies are still not back to full working especially in offices so admin is very slow. A phonecall for now is probably the only way for quick verification of any enquiry
    I assumed it was a website glitch, but I’ll try getting in touch with them, since it looks like they are going to be the best source. Thanks. :-)
    Last edited by C.G.; 27-07-2020 at 04:08 PM.

I looked on Alibaba and there is one argentium chain supplier (in india). worth a check as it will be much cheaper than a UK supplier even with customs etc
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Hmmm...buying precious metals on AliBaba sounds very risky to me.

Allied have not replied to any of my emails, so I guess I’ll have to try ringing them.