Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freedom at Last.

Default Freedom at Last.

We have been self-isolating for months and getting supermarket deliveries of indifferent produce picked off the shelf by disinterested parties, or maybe robots.

Yesterday we decided to break free and drove to a large supermarket at the crack of dawn, gloves and masks and all. It was pretty empty, except for avoiding shelf stackers.A

What a revelation to see fresh produce as we remembered it and be able to choose our own.
    We bought tons of stuff and returned well satisfied with our expedition. Dennis

Well done Dennis a dawn raid on the supermarket! So much food to savour and I bet it tastes good. The peaches and nectarines are at their very best just now I have discovered.
    Last edited by CJ57; 26-07-2020 at 01:36 PM.

Strawberries are good too

Quote Originally Posted by Sheen View Post
    Strawberries are good too
    Or at least Scottish ones are now

problem is that the only way to tell if supermarket strawbs are any good is to smell them. Which you can't do with a mask on - nor should you go sniffing at packaging!
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

We’ve been getting local ones from our fish vans. Poly tunnel grown went slushy but the rest a have been great.
    We are diverging from Dennis great escape though, I have a vision of a motorbike!

Default Freedom at Last.

Ooo aaaaa. Now us blokes and blokeses in the depths of the countryside....all is different, or nearly so! Local producers mostly people we know. Just top ups from them big warehouse shops! Now if they don’t wear masks I won’t go in...and tell the management as well!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh Dennis, I bet that was lovely and so much more enjoyable than being stuck indoors and your meal probably tasted better too! We went to our favourite bookshop on Thursday and it felt so wonderful to be out and about.
    Jules

Yes Jules, we have to enjoy it before there is another spike of the dreaded lurghi. Dennis.

I’m still finding it very difficult to go out and actually enjoy it - the new Covid meaures(which I know are necessary) make me feel stressed. Things just don’t feel normal yet. Maybe an early morning excursion like Dennis is the answer!