Thread: Obsessed with flush setting....

Default Obsessed with flush setting....

This will be the last post from me for a bit as I'm back at the day job as a carer for a whole week from tomorrow. The very thought of it!

I've gone mad for flush setting. First up is one of my previously made charcoal cast scrap circles. It's been languishing in the "must do something with this" pot so I used some lilac CZs in different sizes to tart it up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200717_114538694-01.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	12593

I like this one a lot.

More to follow in comments....

I've just realised that you've seen this one before but I finally dragged out the mannequin to get some decent photos. The wig is a nightmare to deal with but it looks pretty realistic and helps give an idea of size.

So this one was a larger piece of scrap hammered flat, fused with the swarf that's been coming out of all of the holes I'm burring. I wanted to add one stone for each colour of the spectrum without making it look too gaudy. I *think* I achieved what I was after. The surface was a complete nightmare to burr out, even after a going over with a black Sharpie. But I like this one a lot.

Name:	IMG_20200716_201842208-01.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	12594

I'd already drilled holes either side but didn't attach the jump rings until after I'd set the stones. Paste solder is a remarkable thing when used for jump rings.

Name:	IMG_20200717_112502914-02-01.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	12595

And today's experiment was little flattened nuggets, soldered together (dear gods that was trickier than it should have been), flush set with pink CZs, and all but one surface textured with beading tools, a bodkin needle and a couple of tiny punches made from dead burrs. The macro photography shows up the cringe points but in real life it's super sparkly and quite cute. Again, because I like to live dangerously, the last jump ring (the one that can be used to thread it onto a chain) was added after all of the other work was done using paste solder.

Name:	CM200718-182721003-01.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	12596

Thanks for looking.
    Deb

Very glam, Deb.
    Good luck with returning to the day job. Bit like being let out of jail. Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Very glam, Deb.
    Good luck with returning to the day job. Bit like being let out of jail. Dennis.
    Not really, I've been working all along but my hours have been reduced. I'm filling in for co workers who want some time off, so it's a win win for all of us.