Thread: Uncut stones

Default Uncut stones

I'd really like to use uncut stones, nuggets, crystals, rough cut stones and tiny geodes for prong setting. Anyone know of a good place to source this sort of thing in the UK. It seems to be more common in the USA.

Hi Sheena,
    Have a look at kernocraft:
    https://www.kernowcraft.com/products/crystals-minerals

And your nearest RocknGem show if you're brave enough to go. Kempton park is one of the biggest and on soon:
    https://www.rockngem.co.uk/show-dates/

Dennis.

why didn't i think of kernow? doh! they have some very nice bits and pieces. i'd love to travel, but i'm not fit enough yet, will have to save kempton for the future though they do have one in edinburgh in sept. mmm, that's possibly possible.

Jacqueline at Kingsclere Gems often has uncut gems and little geodes. She sells a lot through her facebook page as well as through the website - it might be worth pinging her a message (her contact email is at the bottom of the website I think). She's lovely so don't be shy of getting in touch with her.

Quote Originally Posted by misspond View Post
    Jacqueline at Kingsclere Gems often has uncut gems and little geodes. She sells a lot through her facebook page as well as through the website - it might be worth pinging her a message (her contact email is at the bottom of the website I think). She's lovely so don't be shy of getting in touch with her.
    Thankyou, i found out why I hadn't ordered from Kernow yesterday. Most of the stones have already sold and they only have the tiny ones left. I've never heard of Kingsclere gems before, excited to see if she has anything that takes my fancy

Just had a wee look at kingsclere and she's exactly what I've been looking for, thankyou so much. So pleased I asked now. As I would never have found her myself

Oh good, I'm glad that's helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheen View Post
    I'd really like to use uncut stones, nuggets, crystals, rough cut stones and tiny geodes for prong setting. Anyone know of a good place to source this sort of thing in the UK. It seems to be more common in the USA.
    Rock and Gem always best as you can choose stones yourself and trade sometimes.. but not sure how they will function now with COVID and I get LOTS at ETSY!

Quote Originally Posted by misspond View Post
    I know this is an old thread but I'm on the lookout for ethical gemstones - this link just proved rather expensive!! Just love the vintage ones - that circumvents my problem nicely