Thread: recommendation of gemmoogist

Default recommendation of gemmoogist

Good day. in those troubled times I am looking for a gemmologist to give opinion on several brown diamonds I have in my hands. I have tested them with local jeweler and he confirmed they are diamonds but still would like to get more info including price. maybe you can recommend some ideally in London / south west London / Surrey area or elsewhere at the end.... Hoping for some luck in my search! TX

I can't comment on the UK, although have your check book handy.

I can probably find someone, but unless they're particularly impressive specimens, you'll probably spend more on a report than the stones are worth.
    Brown, "Champagne" (still brown), salt & pepper (heavily included) and black (borderline industrial) diamonds are on the less valuable end of the spectrum.

Perhaps you could so some research yourself re price etc..ebay, relevant websites, gemporia..
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    I can probably find someone, but unless they're particularly impressive specimens, you'll probably spend more on a report than the stones are worth.
    Brown, "Champagne" (still brown), salt & pepper (heavily included) and black (borderline industrial) diamonds are on the less valuable end of the spectrum.
    thank you Peter, I was recommended yesterday to use Kerry Gregory from Gemmology rocks, to be honest , will try her as her website looks very good plus recommendation. I think I know stones are quite cheap but really wanted to get some pricing idea for those, as local guy who looked at them only said I got them at a good price and should be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by pearlescence View Post
    Perhaps you could so some research yourself re price etc..ebay, relevant websites, gemporia..
    TX indeed I did some but wanted to get some more idea to reconfirm my thoughts.... I don't think they are worth proper certification but more of honest opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by Ankolosova View Post
    thank you Peter, I was recommended yesterday to use Kerry Gregory from Gemmology rocks, to be honest , will try her as her website looks very good plus recommendation. I think I know stones are quite cheap but really wanted to get some pricing idea for those, as local guy who looked at them only said I got them at a good price and should be happy.
    Kerry's definitely one to talk to (I was going to check with her before recommending...).

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    Kerry's definitely one to talk to (I was going to check with her before recommending...).
    Thank you so much ! that is good to know! TX !!!!!