Thread: A load of old scrap....

Default A load of old scrap....

In the absence of a rolling mill I'm using up bits from my little pot of scrap as best I can, and the current obsession with tiny CZs continues.
    Here's a ring and a couple of pendants, texturing on the surface of the ring (the top part) and the oval pendant was done with burrs. The ring shank was overheated/lightly reticulated and making this has made me realise how I can attempt another style I've been wanting to try - you canbe sure there'll be photos of that if I get it to work.

Some of the 1mm CZs in the oval pendant were set a bit deep but that'll be a lesson for next time (there's bound to be a next time). And to think a week or so ago I was convinced that setting a 1mm stone would be something I'd never attempt, I'm a bit addicted now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CM200712-200020007-01.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	12588Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200712_195700185.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	12589Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CM200712-200000004.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	12590

Thanks for looking.
    Deb

Ooh these are so lovely, I do love all your pieces, but usually have a favourite in the little collection you post pictures of and it's the ring - it's just stunning. Really love the texturing - I do love different textures and the contrast in those is just beautiful and such a pretty colour stone too. Can't imagine working with stones that little!

Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Animalnutty View Post
    Ooh these are so lovely, I do love all your pieces, but usually have a favourite in the little collection you post pictures of and it's the ring - it's just stunning. Really love the texturing - I do love different textures and the contrast in those is just beautiful and such a pretty colour stone too. Can't imagine working with stones that little!

Karen
    Thank you for that, and the ring is super cute, I really love the colours of the blue CZs as well. To be honest other than not breathing them in the tiny stones are easier to work with than I imagined.

Quote Originally Posted by alastairduncan View Post
    You have a thumbs up from me Deb.
    Thank you!

I apologise if I seem to just constantly add photos of things I've made, I think I have a large case of imposter syndrome. Whenever I get this stuff made (and I know it's not technically advanced) I just think, "OMG, I just made that!"

And I'm sure it's the therapy you need just now. The days would be very empty without my nose to the benchpeg. Dennis.

Oh definitely Dennis, my sanity (in all of the ways that it is tested) is saved by the time I spend thinking about and researching how I can do something, and the time spent working/melting/hammering/playing is the perfect mix of frustration and exhilaration.