Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: storing pearls

Default storing pearls

This one's for @pearlescence how do you store your pearls, both before use and once you've set them in jewellery. Usually i store finished work in plastic bags to protect from tarnish.

Plastic bags. You'll find a lot of mystic-mumbo about pearls all over everywhere.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bags.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	12585 This is a photo of just a few pearls in a wholesalers in Hong Kong. It's from my upcomng book Pearls, a Practical Guidee. (Crowood, next february)
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Sheen View Post
    This one's for @pearlescence how do you store your pearls, both before use and once you've set them in jewellery. Usually i store finished work in plastic bags to protect from tarnish.
    Don't forget the anti tarnish tabs for metal.

Don't forget to do some self promotion when your book is out, Wendy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Don't forget to do some self promotion when your book is out, Wendy.
    What do you think that was?
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by pearlescence View Post
    What do you think that was?
    People don’t know what day of the week it is just now Wendy, Feb will be an ask.Remind them to pre book as a late Xmas present!

I'm probably going to hold off on the big push until after Christmas. Though I think marketing it as a perfect valentine present is a stretch too far even for me. Couldn't resist that plug though.

For anyone who is interested - the photo shows the huge bags of strands of pearls. I'll go through a whole bag like that to select maybe one or two top good'uns. The only way to get the best pearls is to select yourself (or find someone who you can rely on to do the selecting for you). The bag are heavy. You have to be strong to deal in pearls!
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by pearlescence View Post
    I'm probably going to hold off on the big push until after Christmas. Though I think marketing it as a perfect valentine present is a stretch too far even for me. Couldn't resist that plug though.

For anyone who is interested - the photo shows the huge bags of strands of pearls. I'll go through a whole bag like that to select maybe one or two top good'uns. The only way to get the best pearls is to select yourself (or find someone who you can rely on to do the selecting for you). The bag are heavy. You have to be strong to deal in pearls!
    I did think about Valentines Day too as I never get anything but to most a book about Pearls might not go down well!

Wendy that is such exciting news! I haven't started using pearls yet but looking forward to reading your book
    Tess

Quote Originally Posted by TDA20 View Post
    Wendy that is such exciting news! I haven't started using pearls yet but looking forward to reading your book
    Tess
    Thank you! At the moment so do I. Have done the first pass at page proofs and am waiting for the second, corrected version.
    Here's a really early peek at the front and back cover
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PEARLS.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	12587
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk