Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Selling....ebay

Well I have taken the plunge and opened on Etsy ....what a palaver!
    Having nearly pulled what little hair I have got out I have succeeded in putting two items in “my shop”. Need a rest now!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ruedeleglise View Post
    Well I have taken the plunge and opened on Etsy ....what a palaver!
    Having nearly pulled what little hair I have got out I have succeeded in putting two items in “my shop”. Need a rest now!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I signed up years ago but never got round to it. So many hashtags, descriptions, keywords and the opportunity for people to complain about you! I’ll stick with my FB page

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    I signed up years ago but never got round to it. So many hashtags, descriptions, keywords and the opportunity for people to complain about you! I’ll stick with my FB page
    Yes. Even now I am thinking of jumping out of it and deleting the lot. Having tried to find my articles for sale amongst thousands of others, it seems just too much of a maze and not worth the hassle!

Years ago I had an Etsy shop, back in the days when the fees weren't quite so high and when their were fewer factory manufacturers and for the amount of stuff I made and was selling it was a good marketplace. And some people do have success, but you do have to put in a lot of hours in terms of learning how to use the SEO and writing titles and descriptions that lead you to being found. If time is money then the rewards can be scant. But it's always worth trying things out.
    For me having a Facebook page and a free blog where I can quickly list the same items so that folks on FB who want to share with friends who don't use FB can have a look works for me. But I'm not after world domination, just a place to occasionally sell my stuff. And not having any fees to pay is a bonus.

I've occasionally sold on instagram. On there you need to create a little bit of a social presence so that people get to know you. It's a very good platform for spreading awareness of your art/craft/business, developing conections.

I agree. It is increasingly stuffed with a lot of bought in stuff and the search seems quite random so your stuff doesn't get found.
    Also I keep forgetting to mark stuff as shipped....
    I'll leave my listings that are there but not going to add any.
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk