Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ultrasonic brands

Guys ive found a Elma S10h for 215$ think it worth???

Are you making a lot of pieces that require an ultrasonic cleaner at the moment Richard or could you just use an ordinary toothbrush as some of us still do and washing soap which is a much cheaper option when starting out?
    It wouldn’t be on my shopping list when setting up a workshop unless I intended to produce a lot of work at one time
    It’s 2.30am here so don’t expect an answer to your question until morning

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    Are you making a lot of pieces that require an ultrasonic cleaner at the moment Richard or could you just use an ordinary toothbrush as some of us still do and washing soap which is a much cheaper option when starting out?
    It wouldn’t be on my shopping list when setting up a workshop unless I intended to produce a lot of work at one time
    It’s 2.30am here so don’t expect an answer to your question until morning

Sir CJ57
    Thank you for your answer i dont make many.. i just considering make a investment for long time.. �� Btw is the toothbrush will not scratch the piece in hight polish like mirror polish? ��

Quote Originally Posted by RichardNy View Post
    Sir CJ57
    Thank you for your answer i dont make many.. i just considering make a investment for long time.. �� Btw is the toothbrush will not scratch the piece in hight polish like mirror polish? ��
    It’s Caroline Richard so not Sir.
    If you don’t make many pieces then it’s an unnecessary investment at the beginning. A toothbrush will not scratch or we wouldn’t be advising the use of them

It’s Caroline Richard so not Sir.
    If you don’t make many pieces then it’s an unnecessary investment at the beginning. A toothbrush will not scratch or we wouldn’t be advising the use of them
    I didnt Know Miss Caroline! And thank you so much! I order one in amazon to give a try.. !

You’ll get an ordinary toothbrush at your local pharmacy or preferably save up your old ones and reuse them
    Last edited by CJ57; 08-07-2020 at 04:59 PM.

Must say I have used the ultrasonic cleaners I use for my clock restoration but find the faff of charging it with the fluid cleaning it out when finished etc just isn’t worth the effort! I use the old toothbrush technique with soap and hot water. Recently I have used an old electric tooth brush....works well. Generally the tooth brush method I find faster and just as effective!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, you're a pal.

...or preferably save up your old ones and reuse them
    I save all mine for cleaning jobs. However, I found that toothpaste residue can leave scratches on silver.
    So I put them through the ultrasonic

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    I save all mine for cleaning jobs. However, I found that toothpaste residue can leave scratches on silver.
    So I put them through the ultrasonic
    I’ve never found that and you know what a high shine I expect