Hi everyone,

I did do a couple of searches but couldn't find anything, I've also looked on the internet but I can't seem to find the right combination of words for what I want to know!

I'm currently a level 3 diploma student and our course just went over making custom tools for wax carving. I found this to be surprisingly enjoyable and have gone on a bit of a customising spree and am pretty happy with my results so far. I've done some customising of dental tools and have got the results I want, but they're so uncomfortable to hold, so I'm looking for an appropriate wooden handles to put them in. I'm getting a lot of ideas for tools I want to make now for different applications, but without comfortable handles, I don't really see the point so I've reached a bit of a creative impasse.

The trouble is that all I can seem to find are either the big wooden handles for big flat and half round files, or graver handles which aren't right either. I think ideally what I'd like is something between a pencil and sharpie width of wood, similar to the Wolf precision wax carving tools (https://www.cooksongold.com/Jeweller...prcode-998-268).

Is this something you can buy? If so, where and what do I search for to find it? Or is this a case of now I know how to customise / make tools I need to learn woodwork to make the handles too?

I'll add some pictures if I can below to show the kinds of tools I've made if that helps. The first few were made simply by modifying scalpel blades and attaching them to chopsticks as a rudimentary handle, which does work pretty well but I think the chopsticks would be too thin to do the same with the dental tools I've modified (after cutting off the tool ends and filing down a tang).

Thanks very much for any help and ideas you can give me!
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020.05.14-Wax Carving Tools2.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	12567