Thread: 3d printing to cast pitting issue

Default 3d printing to cast pitting issue

Hi guys. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I have been trying for some time now to 3d print models and then use lost wax casting to make a master in metal for making rtv moulds. However when i do it the piece comes out pitted. I am using an anycubic photon with the dental castable anycubic resin. The investment powder is SRS cadcast. My burnout cycle goes up to 1060 degrees Celsius at the moment in an attempt to get rid of the entire printed piece which is well above the recommended 950 but I have tried quite a few different burnout cycles.

The investment mould is also cracking because of the high temperature which is not allowing me to achieve full vacuum on the casting table.
    Last edited by burnsij; 01-07-2020 at 10:23 PM.

Thanks for that. Interesting read. Have you tried any of the methods laid out in the study? From what i can gather i should place my flask towards the edge of the kiln to improve water evaporation and keep a low temperature for a long time. Also try and avoid that middling range of temperatures where ash can be formed. I am also going to try boiling the 3d printed pieces after uv curing. did i miss anything?

I use printed wax so I don't have to.